HOMEMADE HEALTY VEGETABLE SOUP AND HOMEMADE BREAD

This is one of my favorite quick meals to cook up, so simple anyone can make it.
I put my Nutribullet to good use making this i find it blends the vegetables a lot smoother and quicker.


FOR THE SOUP:

Ingredients:
1 Butternut Squash peeled and chopped.
6 Carotts peeled and chopped
2 Red Onions peeled and quartered
5 Potatoes peeled and chopped
Optionl: 4 small Sweet Peppers
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Black Pepper
Vegetable Stock Cube


I Steamed all my vegetables for 20 Minutes in my Steamer.
I then blitzed the vegetables in section with my vegetable stock in my Nutribullet untill smooth.
Pop it all into a large pot when blitzed, add salt, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper and stir well.
Simmer for 15 Mins and Serve.


FOR THE BREAD:


Ingredients:
2 tsp of bread soda
2 tbsp of oil 
1 large tub of natural yogurt (500 ml)
2 tubs of porridge oats



Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Grease standard loaf tin.
Place bread soda, oil and the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
Using the same yogurt tub measure 2 tubs of porridge oats and add to the bowl. Add your favorite seeds at this point. Stir thoroughly.

Pour the batter into your loaf tin.
Place in the oven and cook for approx. 45 mins.
Ten minutes before the end of cooking time, remove the bread from the tin, turn upside down and cook for remaining 10 mins.
Leave to cool on wire tray wrapped in clean tea towel.



Comments

Popular Posts